xmldso.XMLdocument object required Error

Eric

I have a problem using the XMLDOM throught data islands. On some
machine it works fine but on other I get an error when trying to
access a node using XMLDOM on data islands. Further more the datafld
and datasrc HTML properties doesn't display the node value as
expected.It seems that when I remove the XML document declaration on
the computers where this code sample currently not working , this
sample work much better and the node value is displayed on the HTML
page.

Has shown in many sample over the web the xml document declaration
should not been removed and should not disturb the xml parser.

Here is the code sample:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<script language="javascript">

function window.onload()
{
var msxml=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.3.0");
msxml.loadXML("<User><ID>ERV</ID></User>");
var xn=msxml.selectSingleNode("User/ID");
alert("msxml3 instance : "+xn.text);

try
{

var t=oper.XMLDocument.selectSingleNode("User/ID");

alert("DataIsland : "+(t==null)+" "+t.xml);//.text);
}
catch(e)
{
alert(e.description);
</script>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<XML id="oper" async="true"><?xml version="1.0"
encoding="utf-8"?><User><ID>ERV</ID></User></XML>

</BODY>
</HTML>

did someone already encounter such a problem?
Is there something to do with missing components, or xml parser bad
version?

I have searching for information for a few days now and I didn't find
something relevant corresponding to my problem. If someone could help
me to solve this problem It would be very kind.

Eric