XmlHttp and Win 2003

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by denel, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. denel

    denel Guest

    hi guys,

    i'm french, sorry for my poor english

    i use Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP from MSXML SDK.

    On my staging server (win2000) my code works properly but not on my
    production server (win2003)

    The object is instancied, the first call of teh "Send" method reply but
    just once !!

    If i refresh the pageand i'll never have any other response

    Here the test code

    <%
    ' ---------------------------

    Function Test()
    Dim url,xmlhttp
    set xmlhttp = createobject("microsoft.xmlhttp")
    url =
    "http://webservice.dsc.fr/revendeurs/revendeurs.asmx/GetUrlIcomp?RefProd=PALM
    ZIRE"

    ' Transmission des infos pour analyse du moteur
    xmlhttp.open "get",url,false
    xmlhttp.setrequestheader "Pragma","no-cache"
    xmlhttp.setrequestheader "Cache-control","no-cache"
    On Error Resume Next
    xmlhttp.send
    If Err.Number<>0 Then
    SendSpyWords = ""
    Exit Function
    End If
    On Error Goto 0
    If (xmlhttp.Status = 200) then
    Test = xmlhttp.responsetext

    End if
    End Function

    response.write Test()
    '
    ' Fin du code de test
    %>

    Tks

    denel, Apr 18, 2005

  2. denel wrote:
    > hi guys,
    >
    > i'm french, sorry for my poor english
    >
    > i use Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP from MSXML SDK.
    >
    > On my staging server (win2000) my code works properly but not on my
    > production server (win2003)

    What do you mean by this? Error messages? Incorrect results? Please try to
    describe your symptomsw without using the words "does not work".

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 18, 2005

  3. denel wrote:
    > xmlhttp.open "get",url,false

    Try "GET" instead of "get".

    5.1.1 Method
    ============
    The Method token indicates the method to be
    performed on the resource identified by the
    Request-URI. The method is case-sensitive.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Apr 18, 2005
  4. denel

    denel Guest

    unfortunately, i've no error message in the page, no error messages in
    EventViewer

    just no response from the server after the "send" method

    denel, Apr 18, 2005
  5. denel wrote:
    > unfortunately, i've no error message in the page, no error messages in
    > EventViewer
    >
    > just no response from the server after the "send" method

    Have you tried my suggestion yet?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Apr 18, 2005
  6. denel

    denel Guest

    i try your suggestion but it's don't work

    tks a lot for your response

    denel, Apr 18, 2005
  7. denel

    denel Guest