xmlhttp different pages same time

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by stephan.krebs@smscreator.de, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,

    i get data from 4 different pages with asp 3.0 and Microsoft.XMLHTTP.
    It is fine and stable but it takes 15 secondes.
    the reason is (i think) that the requests is one after the other.
    As that a different pages it should speed up if i request the pages
    simultaneously.

    But i have no working solution to do that.
    Can i realize that with server.execute

    The application has following structure:

    Generate URL1,URL2,URL3,URL4

    Include pageload url1
    include pageload url2
    include pageload url3
    include pageload url4

    generate resultpage with information of the 4 urls.

    Does server.execute handle that the pageloads are simultaneously.

    Maybe someone has an idea

    thanks

    stephan

    , Apr 8, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > i get data from 4 different pages with asp 3.0 and Microsoft.XMLHTTP.
    > It is fine and stable but it takes 15 secondes.
    > the reason is (i think) that the requests is one after the other.
    > As that a different pages it should speed up if i request the pages
    > simultaneously.
    >
    > But i have no working solution to do that.
    > Can i realize that with server.execute
    >
    > The application has following structure:
    >
    > Generate URL1,URL2,URL3,URL4
    >
    > Include pageload url1
    > include pageload url2
    > include pageload url3
    > include pageload url4
    >
    > generate resultpage with information of the 4 urls.
    >
    > Does server.execute handle that the pageloads are simultaneously.

    Multiple server executes will not run simultaneously each call to server
    execute will wait until the executed page is finished before returning.

    I don't think there is anything you can do about this purely in ASP.
    Somekind of service will be needed and some cooperation from the client side
    to improve this.

    Anthony Jones, Apr 8, 2006

  3. try one of the other page tearing components like asptear or asphttp
    do a google search...

    I have used them both and they work well. Unlike the xmlparser they dont
    seem to have issues fetching things from the same iis application

    The only thing it you need a host that supports them or your own server to
    install them on

    Kyle Peterson, Apr 8, 2006