xmlHTTP not getting the response

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by as4532@drexel.edu, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,
    I am trying to access information present in a page ( e.g.
    info.dll?about) using xmlHTTP on the server side. I get the result in a

    variable and parse through the content using string functions in
    VBScript. This was working absolutely fine till yesterday, today i get
    the result of xmlHTTP request as "MZ?". This issue is seen only when
    requesting one or two DLLs, other DLLs work fine. Anyone knows what
    could be the issue here? This is the code snippet. Any help
    appreciated, thanks.

    Code (in an ASP page) :
    <script language="vbscript" runat="server">
    dim content
    Set oXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    oXML.open "GET","http://www.somesite.com/info.dll?about", false
    oXML.send
    content=oXML.responseText
    response.write(content)
    </script>

    Output:
    MZ?

    , Mar 9, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I am trying to access information present in a page ( e.g.
    > info.dll?about) using xmlHTTP on the server side. I get the result in a
    >
    > variable and parse through the content using string functions in
    > VBScript. This was working absolutely fine till yesterday, today i get
    > the result of xmlHTTP request as "MZ?". This issue is seen only when
    > requesting one or two DLLs, other DLLs work fine. Anyone knows what
    > could be the issue here? This is the code snippet. Any help
    > appreciated, thanks.
    >
    > Code (in an ASP page) :
    > <script language="vbscript" runat="server">
    > ..
    > dim content
    > Set oXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    > oXML.open "GET","http://www.somesite.com/info.dll?about", false
    > oXML.send
    > content=oXML.responseText
    > response.write(content)
    > </script>
    >

    > Output:
    > MZ?

    These DLLs are ISAPI extensions?

    The directories that they are stored in allow executables?

    It looks as though the content of the DLL is being sent (the first two bytes
    in a dll are MZ).

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Mar 10, 2006