xmlHTTP not getting the response

as4532

Hi all,
I am trying to access information present in a page ( e.g.
info.dll?about) using xmlHTTP on the server side. I get the result in a

variable and parse through the content using string functions in
VBScript. This was working absolutely fine till yesterday, today i get
the result of xmlHTTP request as "MZ?". This issue is seen only when
requesting one or two DLLs, other DLLs work fine. Anyone knows what
could be the issue here? This is the code snippet. Any help
appreciated, thanks.

Code (in an ASP page) :
<script language="vbscript" runat="server">
dim content
Set oXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
oXML.open "GET","http://www.somesite.com/info.dll?about", false
oXML.send
content=oXML.responseText
response.write(content)
</script>

Output:
MZ?

Anthony Jones

Hi all,
I am trying to access information present in a page ( e.g.
info.dll?about) using xmlHTTP on the server side. I get the result in a

variable and parse through the content using string functions in
VBScript. This was working absolutely fine till yesterday, today i get
the result of xmlHTTP request as "MZ?". This issue is seen only when
requesting one or two DLLs, other DLLs work fine. Anyone knows what
could be the issue here? This is the code snippet. Any help
appreciated, thanks.

Code (in an ASP page) :
<script language="vbscript" runat="server">
..
dim content
Set oXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
oXML.open "GET","http://www.somesite.com/info.dll?about", false
oXML.send
content=oXML.responseText
response.write(content)
</script>

Output:
MZ?

These DLLs are ISAPI extensions?

The directories that they are stored in allow executables?

It looks as though the content of the DLL is being sent (the first two bytes
in a dll are MZ).

Anthony.