XMLHTTP Question??

al

Greetings,

From my readings about xmlhttp, it allows for data retrieval (an
example, from sqlserver) without the need to refresh the whole
page..correct??

Can I call it from code behind(with System.Net.httpwebrequest) and
still get the same result as calling it from javascript?? If not, can
you please provide links kb for javascript implementation.

MTIA,
Grawsha

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

From my readings about xmlhttp, it allows for data retrieval (an
example, from sqlserver) without the need to refresh the whole
page..correct??

by using client side active scripting...
Can I call it from code behind(with System.Net.httpwebrequest) and
still get the same result as calling it from javascript?? If not, can
you please provide links kb for javascript implementation.

use system.net.webclient. yes still the same results.

for javascript implementation: look an example at:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290591
and search google for "xmlhttp javascript".