    or example code..

    It has to be posible, 'cause it seems google uses it in gmail.

    tia

    raptor, Apr 22, 2005

  2. raptor wrote:

    > Does anyone done something like this (i.e.with POST), if yes can you
    > post the solution or example code..

    I implemented that in a Windows utility for W3C-Validation of markup
    documents, the contained code is MSIE-only, but once understood, it
    should be easily ported to Geckos. I just did not find the time (and
    didn't have the need) yet to extract the code into a all-purpose JS
    library for post requests. If there are some people enough interested
    in this, I will see if I find some time for that next week.

    The mentioned utility can be found here [1], the mentioned code can be
    found after installation in %ProgramFiles%\W3C-Validator\validator.hta
    (functions "getBoundaryForContent()", "formatRequestData()", and
    "doValidatorRequest()"). Sorry for not commenting the code at all, I
    stopped working on that when the XP bug mentioned in [2] was fixed.

    [1] http://www.innoline-systemtechnik.de/dhgm/validator/
    [2] http://www.w3.org/QA/2005/01/Validator-IE_WinXP_SP2

    ciao, dhgm

    Dietmar Meier, Apr 23, 2005