XMLHTTP SEND and 0x800C0005 error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by kenny, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. kenny

    kenny Guest

    Dears,
    I create one asp program like below, but when I run the asp as http://localhost/test.asp, I meet 0x800C0005 error...How to solve it?
    '****************test.asp*************************
    <%

    Dim objXMLHTTP, xml

    Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

    xml.Open "GET", "http://www.microsoft.com/", False

    ' Pull the data from the web page
    xml.Send

    Response.write "Here's the html we now have in our xml object"
    Response.write "<BR><BR><BR>"
    Response.Write "<xmp>"
    Response.Write xml.responseText
    Response.Write "</xmp>"
    Response.write "<BR><BR><BR>"
    Response.write " Now here's how the page looks:<BR><BR>"
    Response.Write xml.responseText

    Set xml = Nothing
    %>
    '*****************************************
    kenny, Jan 29, 2004

  2. kenny

    Atrax Guest

    Atrax, Jan 29, 2004

  3. > I meet 0x800C0005 error...How to solve it?

    That's great, but what is the TEXT of the message? You don't expect people
    to identify hex codes in one glance, do you?

    Anyway, try setting the user agent header, as I'm sure microsoft.com tries
    to prevent being overrun by spiders, xmlhttp requests, etc. You can see
    sample code at http://www.aspfaq.com/2173

    Or, run your test against a site that is not such an obvious "test"
    destination that would implement any kind of packet blocking/filtering...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 29, 2004