xmlhttp

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by mirandacascade@yahoo.com, Jan 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I recognize that this question is not about javascript per se...it is
    more about xmlhttp...posting the question at this site because it
    appears as though this site has many posts related to xmlhttp

    Situation is this:
    1) making use of the COM object MSXML2.XMLHTTP in a client application
    2) I use the open() method of the COM object and specify a "POST", then
    I use the send() method of the COM object
    3) when the url is an http url, able to send and then check the
    responseText property without problems
    4) when the url is an https url, the open() method works, but when the
    send() method is invoked, it raises an exception with the error
    message: "the download of the specified resource has failed"
    5) when I use Google with searches such as "XMLHTTP", "https",
    "download of the specified resource", I see that other people are
    experiencing the issue, but I didn't see any solutions, nor did I see
    whether there was a site (perhaps a Usenet group) on which it would
    make sense to post this issue

    Questions:
    a) is there a more appropriate Usenet group on which to post this
    question?
    b) is it possible to use the MSXML2.XMLHTTP COM object in a client
    application when the url that one specifies is an https-style url? if
    so, how does one overcome the "the download of the specified resource
    has failed" issue?

    Thank you.

    , Jan 20, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > 1) making use of the COM object MSXML2.XMLHTTP in a client application
    > 2) I use the open() method of the COM object and specify a "POST", then
    > I use the send() method of the COM object
    > 3) when the url is an http url, able to send and then check the
    > responseText property without problems
    > 4) when the url is an https url, the open() method works, but when the
    > send() method is invoked, it raises an exception with the error
    > message: "the download of the specified resource has failed"

    This thread has an MSXML user with the same error message related to
    HTTPS and then a solution manipulating cache related HTTP headers:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.xsl/browse_frm/thread/cbd936c183df8e6e/2968a9e5483d7763?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#2968a9e5483d7763>
    Generally for MSXML microsoft.public.xml is an appropriate group, unless
    you do XSLT with MSXML when microsoft.public.xsl is a better place.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 21, 2007