XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize question

Discussion in 'XML' started by Mario S., Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Mario S.

    Mario S. Guest

    Hi,

    how can I determine, if the XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize() was already
    called
    or not ?
    There is no static method XMLPlatformUtils::isInitialized(). Perhaps this
    would be a nice feature in the next Xerces Release ?
    For now, I have a little workaround. Because it is really necessary that
    a TransService is loaded and XMLPlatformUtils::fgTransService is in any
    case not NULL after Initialize() method was called, I use this behaviour and
    always check for the public static member variable
    XMLPlatformUtils::fgTransService.
    If it's NULL then the the PlatformUtils was not initialized and if it's not
    NULL,
    then I think I can be sure, that the Initialize() was called.

    Is this workaround okay or is there a nicer way ?

    Best Regards,
    Mario S.
    Mario S., Apr 15, 2004