xmlrcp - how to marshall objects

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jean-Michel Pichavant, Feb 5, 2010.

  1. Deos anyone knows where to find an code sample describing how to
    implement the interface to marshall one object into XMLRPC compliant
    structures ?

    I googled without any success, and what google does not find does not exist.

    Let say I have this very simple class:

    class Point:
    def __init__(self, x, y):
    self.x = x
    self.y = y

    I've looked into xmlrpc code, I see 2 options:
    1/ override the Marshaller class of client and server
    2/ looks like the lib is supporting a WRAPPER list system, it uses to
    Marshall Datetime & Binary object. Can it be possible to add its own
    class (could require to emplement the 'encode' method)

    I sense I will spend much more time than required unless someone is
    pointing me in the right direction.

    JM

    Jean-Michel Pichavant, Feb 5, 2010