XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP Problem.

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Craig Dunn, May 2, 2004.

  1. Craig Dunn

    Craig Dunn Guest

    Hi,

    I wonder if someone can help me with this - it's probably trivial but I
    cant find anything on google...

    I'm writing an XMLRPC server using XMLRPC::HTTP::Transport to run as a
    daemon. I want calls to the server to be passed off to
    Codenation::XML::Handler; (the server runs under
    Codenation::Server::HTTP::XMLRPC), however. I have a method in the
    Handler package called test, and I want to call it via XMLRPC.

    My server code includes:

    use XMLRPC::Lite;
    use XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP;
    @::ISA = qw(XMLRPC::Server::parameters);

    sub new {
    my $class = shift;
    return bless {
    _xmlrpc => XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
    ->new(LocalPort => 8080)
    } , $class;

    }

    sub run {
    my $self = shift;
    $self->{_xmlrpc}->dispatch_to('Codenation::XML::Handler');
    $self->{_xmlrpc}->handle;
    return $self;

    If I make an XMLRPC connection to call test, I get a 'file not found'
    error returned from the client. It works if I call the method as
    Codenation.XML.Handler.test.

    Is there a way to get around this, I dont want to have to specify the
    full package name, and I understood that dispatch_to should take care of
    that anyway.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    Craig