xmlrpc via local proxy

Ben

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to URL such as http://betty.userland.com through
my LAN proxy. I've read earlier postings on this newsgroups but still
i haven't been able to figure out the way to do it. It doesn't look so
simple. It's very easy to do it using httplib and urllib but xmlrpc
looks a bit complicated. Can someone tell me if there is an easy way
around this problem?

My code is like this:

import xmlrpclib

betty = xmlrpclib.Server("http://betty.userland.com")
print betty.examples.getStateName(32)

Thanks
Ben

Emile van Sebille

Ben said:
Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to URL such as http://betty.userland.com through
my LAN proxy. I've read earlier postings on this newsgroups but still
i haven't been able to figure out the way to do it. It doesn't look so
simple. It's very easy to do it using httplib and urllib but xmlrpc
looks a bit complicated. Can someone tell me if there is an easy way
around this problem?

My code is like this:

import xmlrpclib

betty = xmlrpclib.Server("http://betty.userland.com")
print betty.examples.getStateName(32)

Results from pasting exactly this:

ActivePython 2.3.2 Build 230 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
Python 2.3.2 (#49, Oct 24 2003, 13:37:57) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32

This is from behind a MonMotha iptables firewall configured with Squid as
transparent proxy.

So, it works for me... ;-)

Emile van Sebille
(e-mail address removed)