XMLSchema Parsing

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Benzinger, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. km schrieb:
    > Hi all,
    > i'd like to know if there are any good XMLSchema (.xsd files) parsing modules in python.
    > regards,
    > KM

    Try lxml <http://codespeak.net/lxml/> a pythonic binding for the libxml2
    and libxslt libraries.

    Bye,
    Dennis

    Dennis Benzinger, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Depends entirely on what you want. I've written some XSD tools in
    Python that do exactly what I want -- but don't offer support for any
    XSD features that I didn't happen to need.
    Module I wrote supports include/import and redefine; parses sequences,
    complexTypes and simpleTypes, but not much more.

    I also have some tool that generates basic XSD files from sample input
    xmls, and a tool that generates sample xml files from an XSD.

    I'm not aware of any Python XSD tooling but did you search google on
    it?

    How much of XSD do you need to be supported? And what do you need to do
    with it?

    cheers,

    --Tim

    km, Nov 29, 2005