XmlSerializers.dll and faster startup

Oleg.Ogurok

Hi there,

I have a small console app that makes a call to XML Webservices. The
app runs from a login script. Because of the web service call, it takes

about 15-20 seconds for the app to complete. Most of the delay is at
startup time where SOAP serializers are initialized, e.g. when I
instantiate a proxy class. The actuall calls to XML services are fast.

Is there a way to speed it up? I tried compiling the app in Release
mode with MyApp.XmlSerializers.dll generated but didn't notice any
performance gain.

Please advise,

-Oleg.

John Saunders

Hi there,

I have a small console app that makes a call to XML Webservices. The
app runs from a login script. Because of the web service call, it takes

about 15-20 seconds for the app to complete. Most of the delay is at
startup time where SOAP serializers are initialized, e.g. when I
instantiate a proxy class. The actuall calls to XML services are fast.

Is there a way to speed it up? I tried compiling the app in Release
mode with MyApp.XmlSerializers.dll generated but didn't notice any
performance gain.

Is the XML simple enough that you can call the web service directly? That
is, don't use the proxy class.

John