XMLSpy - how to Generate Documentation for included files in schema

Discussion in 'XML' started by Almoni, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Almoni

    Almoni Guest

    Hi,

    I have a few .xsd files that include each other in the following way:

    <!-- lets call the main schema file AA.xsd and it includes BB.xsd
    inside it -->

    <xs:include schemaLocation="BB.xsd"/>
    </xs:schema>

    I use XMLSpy and I want to generate documentation for all the files.

    If I "Generate Documentation" for BB.xsd I get as part of the
    documentation (html file), all the annotations I defined inside this
    file, using the </xs:annotation> and <xs:documentation> tags.

    The problem is that if I "Generate Documentation" for AA.xsd I do NOT
    get the annotations of BB.xsd (only a hyperlinks to the elements of
    BB.xsd without any annotation).

    I didn't find the way to generate the documentation for all the files
    at once from the main schema file (I have about 20 files that include
    each other and I realy don't want to generate the documentation for
    every one of them and then combine the documentations all together...)

    I even tried to find a way to combine all the files into one big .xsd
    file so I could just generate the documentation from the combined file
    - but I didn't find how to do this too.

    Does anyone have a clue about how can I get my desired annotated
    documentation?

    TIA,
    Shiri

    Almoni, Jan 20, 2005