XmlValidatingReader throws exception for SAOP-ENV:encodingStyle attribute

Himmat Dhange

Hi,

I am using .Net Framework 1.0 for Web service development.
I use XMLValidatingReader for SOAP request validations. If
request contains "encodingStyle" attribute on SOAP
Envelope element then I get following SOAP fault message

The 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:encodingStyl
e' attribute is not allowed.

I read SOAP specifactions 1.1 and 1.2. SOAP spec-1.1 says
encodingStyle attribute can appear on any element while
SOAP 1.2 spec does not allow encodingStyle on SOAP
Envelope element. I was thinking that .Net Framework 1.0
follows SOAP 1.1 specifcations and should not generate
above validation error. Am I correct? Is there any work
around to fix this problem.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Himmat