XmlValidatingReader throws exception for SAOP-ENV:encodingStyle attribute

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Himmat Dhange, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I am using .Net Framework 1.0 for Web service development.
    I use XMLValidatingReader for SOAP request validations. If
    request contains "encodingStyle" attribute on SOAP
    Envelope element then I get following SOAP fault message

    The 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:encodingStyl
    e' attribute is not allowed.

    I read SOAP specifactions 1.1 and 1.2. SOAP spec-1.1 says
    encodingStyle attribute can appear on any element while
    SOAP 1.2 spec does not allow encodingStyle on SOAP
    Envelope element. I was thinking that .Net Framework 1.0
    follows SOAP 1.1 specifcations and should not generate
    above validation error. Am I correct? Is there any work
    around to fix this problem.

    I would appreciate your help.

    Thanks,
    -Himmat