  1. Manley

    Manley Guest

    Any ideas how I can read the xmp meta data from a jpg's header on a windows server?
    Manley, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Manley

    Grant Wagner Guest

    Grant Wagner, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Manley

    Jim Ley Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:24:03 GMT, Grant Wagner
    <> wrote:

    >Manley wrote:
    >
    >> Any ideas how I can read the xmp meta data from a jpg's header on a windows server?

    >Would this work: <url:
    >http://www.handyarchive.com/Development/ActiveX/12859-AiS-EXIF-Info-ActiveX.html />

    I don't think so...

    but I've successfully compiled the Adobe sample C++ application under
    VC++ so I'm sure it'd be trivial to do it as an activeX or other.

    It's also pretty f'ing trivial, find the comment, then it's text you
    can parse with any old RDF parser IIRC, anyway it should be trivial,
    but not obviously relevant to javascript.

    I am lobbying the adobe guys to get the ability to get the metadata
    though from javascript in SVG docs.

    Jim.
    Jim Ley, Nov 24, 2004