xmpfilter-a-like for python (code annotation)

Discussion in 'Python' started by thattommyhallll@gmail.com, Oct 27, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Oct 27, 2007

  2. On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:10:13 +0000, wrote:

    > http://eigenclass.org/hiki/xmpfilter
    > looks cool , anything like this for python? any reason that we culd
    > not do simmilar ?

    I just read that page and am a little confused. This program adds
    assertions based on the actual code, i.e. if the code is wrong it
    nonetheless adds assertions that don't fail. I always thought one writes
    assertions to test what the code should do and not what it actually does!?

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Oct 27, 2007

    On Oct 27, 6:27 pm, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:10:13 +0000, wrote:
    > >http://eigenclass.org/hiki/xmpfilter
    > > looks cool , anything like this for python? any reason that we culd
    > > not do simmilar ?

    > I just read that page and am a little confused. This program adds
    > assertions based on the actual code, i.e. if the code is wrong it
    > nonetheless adds assertions that don't fail. I always thought one writes
    > assertions to test what the code should do and not what it actually does!?
    >
    > Ciao,
    > Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Its more the inline annotation lie here http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?xmpfilter#l4
    that I wanted

    , Oct 27, 2007
  4. On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:57:06 +0000, wrote:

    > On Oct 27, 6:27 pm, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:10:13 +0000, wrote:
    >> >http://eigenclass.org/hiki/xmpfilter
    >> > looks cool , anything like this for python? any reason that we culd
    >> > not do simmilar ?

    >> I just read that page and am a little confused. This program adds
    >> assertions based on the actual code, i.e. if the code is wrong it
    >> nonetheless adds assertions that don't fail. I always thought one writes
    >> assertions to test what the code should do and not what it actually does!?

    > Its more the inline annotation lie here http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?xmpfilter#l4
    > that I wanted

    Can you give *useful* examples?

    Ciao,