XMS memory

mz

Hi!
I've got a question: how to use extended or expanded memory in DOS C++
programming? Some source or hint please.
THX
mz

Stephen Howe

Hi!
I've got a question: how to use extended or expanded memory in DOS C++
programming? Some source or hint please.

Sorry, only standard C++ language and library is covered here which knows
nothing about EMS or XMS memory.

I would suggest reposting to comp.os.msdos.programmer

Stephen Howe

Kevin Goodsell

mz said:
Hi!
I've got a question: how to use extended or expanded memory in DOS C++
programming? Some source or hint please.
THX
mz

Standard C++ has nothing to say about DOS or extended or expanded
memory. You seem to be in the wrong group. You probably wanted a DOS
programming group. Please re-read the welcome message, paying particular
attention to the section on topicality.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin

Jacek Dziedzic

[5.9] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?

Only post to comp.lang.c++ if your question is about the C++ language
itself. For example, C++ code design, syntax, style, rules, bugs, etc.
Ultimately this means your question must be answerable by looking into the
C++ language definition as determined by the ISO/ANSI C++ Standard document,
and by planned extensions and adjustments. Operating-specific questions
(e.g., about Windows NT / 95 / 3.x, UNIX, etc.) should go to an
operating-system-specific newsgroup (see below), not to comp.lang.c++.