    programming? Some source or hint please.
    THX
    mz
    mz, Aug 11, 2003

  2. mz

    Stephen Howe Guest

    > Hi!
    > I've got a question: how to use extended or expanded memory in DOS C++
    > programming? Some source or hint please.

    Sorry, only standard C++ language and library is covered here which knows
    nothing about EMS or XMS memory.

    I would suggest reposting to comp.os.msdos.programmer

    Stephen Howe
    Stephen Howe, Aug 11, 2003

  3. mz wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I've got a question: how to use extended or expanded memory in DOS C++
    > programming? Some source or hint please.
    > THX
    > mz

    Standard C++ has nothing to say about DOS or extended or expanded
    memory. You seem to be in the wrong group. You probably wanted a DOS
    programming group. Please re-read the welcome message, paying particular
    attention to the section on topicality.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Re: [OT] XMS memory

    [5.9] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?

    Only post to comp.lang.c++ if your question is about the C++ language
    itself. For example, C++ code design, syntax, style, rules, bugs, etc.
    Ultimately this means your question must be answerable by looking into the
    C++ language definition as determined by the ISO/ANSI C++ Standard document,
    and by planned extensions and adjustments. Operating-specific questions
    (e.g., about Windows NT / 95 / 3.x, UNIX, etc.) should go to an
    operating-system-specific newsgroup (see below), not to comp.lang.c++.
    Jacek Dziedzic, Aug 11, 2003