    work, as it did in Win2k. It can't seem to find stuff in VB or aspx or much
    else. Can this be fixed somehow? Is it an XP bug?
    Thanks,
    Gary, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Gary

    Natty Gur Guest

    Gary Hi,

    I'm also using in organization with tens of programmers working on XP
    and we don’t experience such a problem so it doesn’t look to me as a
    bug.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Hi Gary,

    Thanks for posting in the community! My name is Steven, and I'll be
    assisting you on this issue.
    From your description, you found that the Search string(Find/Replace)
    function in VS.NET didn't work when using on a WIN XP machine, yes?

    As for this problem, I'd like to confirm some further things on it:
    1.Does this problem occur everytime you search text in VS.NET in all kinds
    of projects? Does it only occur in particular cases such as search for a
    certain string or in a certain project type?

    2. Have you tried this on other machines which is Win XP installed and with
    VS.NET?

    Since I've tried searching some simple text in a ASP.NET web project on a
    Win XP professinoal machine and the problem didn't occur. Would you please
    provide me more infos on the problem's situation so as for me to repro it?
    Thanks.

    Also, if you have any new findings, please feel free to let me know.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 26, 2004
  4. Hi Gary,

    Have you had a chance to tried out my suggestions or have you got any
    further progress on this issue? If you need any further assistance, please
    feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 28, 2004