XP Like Buttons

Brent Richardson

Does anybody know how to make buttons like the ones in Windows XP? VS.Net
2003 only has plain looking buttons and I want something fancier. Rounded
corners, changing colors when hovering, etc.

thanks

Brent

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Brent,
Is this within your application or within VS.NET itself?

You can have your application use XP Themes, by enabling the XP Themes...

For VS.NET 2003 you can add a Shared Sub Main to your startup form. Within
the sub you enable visual styles and display your form:

Public Class MainForm
Inherits Form

Public Shared Sub Main()
Application.EnableVisualStyles()
Application.DoEvents()
Application.Run(New MainForm)
End Sub

End Class

You also need to change the FlatStyle property of all your controls to
System. (for controls that have a flat style that is).

The DoEvents is required as too many controls have too many issues without
it.

There is a way of including a manifest in your VS.NET 2002 projects, I don't
have a link for that handy.

Hope this helps
Jay