XP rich text cut-n-paste

Paddy

Hi,
Is their a colourized editor/shell that allows you to cut and paste the
colourized text?

Idle, SPE, Eclipse, and pythonwin all seem to nicely colourize both
command line input as well as editor windows but when I cut and paste
(in this case, into OpenOffice Writer), even the paste-special menu
just allows the pasting of un-adorned text.

i have a work-around: gvim coourizes and allows export as html, but it
is long-winded.

Thanks in advance, Paddy.

Chris Mellon

Hi,
Is their a colourized editor/shell that allows you to cut and paste the
colourized text?

Idle, SPE, Eclipse, and pythonwin all seem to nicely colourize both
command line input as well as editor windows but when I cut and paste
(in this case, into OpenOffice Writer), even the paste-special menu
just allows the pasting of un-adorned text.

i have a work-around: gvim coourizes and allows export as html, but it
is long-winded.

The SciTe editor has a "Copy as RTF" function. It uses the same editor
control as SPE (but not idle, eclipse, or pythonwin), so you might ask
for it as a feature request in SPE.

Paddy

Thanks Chris,
Scintilla does indeed have the feature, and googling for the term "copy
as RTF" lead me to http://www.pnotepad.org/ which also has the feature.

Now I will have to ask for that feature request as I wuld also like
colourized shell input oo!

(Hmm, must get that credit card authorized so I can make a donation).

- Paddy.

Neil Hodgson

Paddy:
Scintilla does indeed have the feature, and googling for the term "copy
as RTF" lead me to http://www.pnotepad.org/ which also has the feature.

Its actually implemented in SciTE rather than Scintilla by the ugly
technique of writing out an RTF file and then copying that to the
clipboard. It only works on Windows due to the simpler clipboard API
compared to X and since RTF is a common format on Windows. Other
projects sometimes include code from SciTE even though the code isn't
really written for reuse.

Neil

Duncan Booth

Paddy said:
Is their a colourized editor/shell that allows you to cut and paste the
colourized text?

Idle, SPE, Eclipse, and pythonwin all seem to nicely colourize both
command line input as well as editor windows but when I cut and paste
(in this case, into OpenOffice Writer), even the paste-special menu
just allows the pasting of un-adorned text.

i have a work-around: gvim coourizes and allows export as html, but it
is long-winded.

Epsilon (www.lugaru.com) has a 'copy-formatting-as-html' command (new in
the version currently in beta). Unfortunately is isn't a free editor
(although you can download a time limited beta of the next version for free
if you want to try it out).