    as IO::Select (which does not work), and I tried Serialport.pm which
    predates XP! Anyone have suggestions for XP? I'm stuck! How can I
    not block with a serial port?
    cubscout, Dec 31, 2005

  2. cubscout

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Samwyse" <> wrote in message
    news:fMptf.60029$...
    > cubscout wrote:
    > > I am trying to use the serial port from perl, but I need O_NONBLOCK.

    ..
    ..

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndllpro/html/msdn_scalabil.asp

    > No, I don't know how to relate all of this information to Perl.

    One could access that functionality from perl using either Inline::C or
    Win32::API.

    My impression from the op's first post is that there was no problem with
    Windows2000. So I was going to suggest that the op try and dig up that
    code - because I feel that if it worked on 2k, then it should work on XP
    with little or no modification. I could, of course, be wrong about that -
    however I find that O_NONBLOCK is also *not* a defined macro on my
    Windows2000 box. (Or - perhaps it *is* defined under Cygwin ... if the op
    wants to go down that path.)

    Cheers,
    Rob
    Sisyphus, Dec 31, 2005