    remove them, if possible.

    Thank you so much!
    Puff

    Puff, Sep 21, 2007

  2. "Puff" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hello,
    >
    > A few months ago, when I did an update from the windows update, a few of

    the
    > 'necessary' updates had this like:
    > microsoft net framework, MSXML, iis, asp. What are they and are they

    really
    > necessary? There are a few more weird things that I have never seen
    > previously, and if they really are not necessary, I would really like to
    > remove them, if possible.

    Each update indicates a knowledge base article which describes the change it
    is making. You could look each article up and decide if you want them. You
    can then manually uninstall them use control panel if you really want to. I
    don't recommend this.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Puff

    Puff Guest

    Re: XP update added asp, MSXML and other things, and I need to abo

    "Anthony Jones" wrote:

    > "Puff" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > A few months ago, when I did an update from the windows update, a few of

    > the
    > > 'necessary' updates had this like:
    > > microsoft net framework, MSXML, iis, asp. What are they and are they

    > really
    > > necessary? There are a few more weird things that I have never seen
    > > previously, and if they really are not necessary, I would really like to
    > > remove them, if possible.
    > >

    > Each update indicates a knowledge base article which describes the change it
    > is making. You could look each article up and decide if you want them. You
    > can then manually uninstall them use control panel if you really want to. I
    > don't recommend this.
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    -------
    Hi again,
    Thank you for answering my post.
    I tried to uninstall one thing, then that stupid 'Windows Installer CleanUp
    Utility' popped up telling me that if I uninstall this item I might have to
    Well ... I have had horrid experiences with the Windows Installer CleanUp
    Utility, and I will NEVER use it again!!!
    So, I guess everything will stay as is till my next re-do.
    Thanks!

    Puff, Sep 22, 2007