xpath expression to return the following node

ricky

I want to return with only one xpath expression the first following
node relative to a node with a XPTO attribute.

Example:

<node>
xxx
</node>
<node XPTO="true">
yyy
</node>
<node>
zzz
</node>

i want to return a reference to the node:

<node>
zzz
</node>

thanks in advance
ricky

Philippe Poulard

ricky said:
I want to return with only one xpath expression the first following
node relative to a node with a XPTO attribute.

Example:

<node>
xxx
</node>
<node XPTO="true">
yyy
</node>
<node>
zzz
</node>

i want to return a reference to the node:

<node>
zzz
</node>

thanks in advance
ricky

hi,

try this :
//node[preceding::node[@XPTO]][1]

what would you expect if there were several nodes with the XPTO attribute ?
--
Cordialement,

///
(. .)
-----ooO--(_)--Ooo-----
| Philippe Poulard |
-----------------------

Martin Honnen

ricky said:
I want to return with only one xpath expression the first following
node relative to a node with a XPTO attribute.

Example:

<node>
xxx
</node>
<node XPTO="true">
yyy
</node>
<node>
zzz
</node>

i want to return a reference to the node:

<node>
zzz
</node>

This XPath
//node[@XPTO = 'true']/following-sibling::*[1]
finds the first sibling element node.

ricky

Martin Honnen said:
ricky said:
I want to return with only one xpath expression the first following
node relative to a node with a XPTO attribute.

Example:

<node>
xxx
</node>
<node XPTO="true">
yyy
</node>
<node>
zzz
</node>

i want to return a reference to the node:

<node>
zzz
</node>

This XPath
//node[@XPTO = 'true']/following-sibling::*[1]
finds the first sibling element node.

Thanks a lot.
Works perfectly.
I thought that the use of axis were only permitted in the begining of
xpath expression. Need to read more Xpath specification :)

Ricky