xpath expression

ricky

I need to retrieve all nodes that have one child and this child must be a node text.

For example:

<x>
<y>1</y>
<z></z>
</x>

must return:

The node-set: y,g,z

thanks in advance

Ricky

Johannes Koch

ricky said:
I need to retrieve all nodes that have one child and this child must be a node text.

For example:

<x>
<y>1</y>
<z></z>
</x>

must return:

The node-set: y,g,z

g and z don't have any child nodes and should not be returned by your
definition above.

Patrick TJ McPhee

% I need to retrieve all nodes that have one child and this child must be
% a node text.

You could try *[count(*) = 0][count(text()) = 1]

This returns only y in your example, but that's because g and z