Xpath Relational Query (like a join)

werD

Hello

I have an xml document that im currently using a forward only .net
repeater on and using some xpath queries to display the data

The xml is quite simple

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<data>
<supervisors>
<supentry
id="1"
author="Jim"
attachment="1"
relevance="general"
date="8-24-06"><![CDATA[This is a test entry]]></supentry>
</supervisors>
<teamleads>
<tlentry
id="1"
author="Joe"
attachment="none"
relevance="Specific"
date="8-24-06"><![CDATA[This is a test entry]]></tlentry>
</teamleads>
<files>
<file name="A Form" id="1" filename="holymountains.txt" />
</files>
</data>

im using some xpath queries to get the data like below

<!--Here's My Issue -->

<%#XPath("/files//file[@id=supervisors//supentry/@attachment]/@filename")%>

Im having trouble pulling the filename attribute that has a matching id
if it exists.

is there an issue with my test for the matching id attribute?

werD

sorry this was
<%#XPath("files//file[@id=supervisors//supentry/@attachment]/@filename")%>

Ive also tried this trying to go back to the parent element w/no luck
<%#XPath("../files//file[@id=supervisors//supentry/@attachment]/@filename")%>

werD

Nested Xpath statements worked well

<%#XPath("files//file[@id=" &