[xpath] Selecting the position of a node relative to its siblings?

Cory Nelson

I'm trying to get a node position, something like foo/bar[1]/position()

Nothing I've tried has worked, so I'll be grateful for any help!

Peter Flynn

Cory said:
I'm trying to get a node position, something like foo/bar[1]/position()

That's not well-formed. Did you mean

Nothing I've tried has worked, so I'll be grateful for any help!

foo/bar[1]/count(preceding-sibling::*)+1

///Peter