    Please advise me with the easiest way, I just want to see it work.

    best regards,
    /Farzad

    FBS, Jun 8, 2005

  2. FBS wrote:

    > I wonder if somebody could help me with this issue.
    >
    > I would like to rum some XQuery codes aginst my XML files and since I'm
    > quite new in this area I'm not sure what to do. It is not complicated ( I
    > have even seen some XQuery examples on the Web ) just listing the values for
    > some elements for instance. But what I need to know is, first of all, if I
    > need to download anything?
    >
    > Where do I put the XQuery codes? I mean could I put it in the html file or
    > do I have to put it in for instance java code?
    > Please advise me with the easiest way, I just want to see it work.

    XQuery is still under development, you will have to look at an existing
    implementation, one of them is Saxon (currently in version 8) which you
    can find here:
    <http://saxon.sourceforge.net/#F8.4SA>
    But there are other implementations, you will have to decide on what
    platform and with what tools you want to run XQuery and then choose an
    implementation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/