XS code

Robert Henniger

Hi to all.
Today I tried to compile my script to an .NET DLL.
This script uses HTML::Template::pro. The compile process works well.
When I try to use this dll then I get the following message:

Unhandled Exception: PerlRuntime.PerlException: Can't locate auto/HTML/
Template/Pro/query.al in @INC (@INC contains: .... .)

I ve searched for this file but i found nothing. I also contacted the
author of the module but i am still waiting for a feedback.
Maybe someone can help me and explain what a .al file do and why it is
needed.

Is there something i have to change when i use modules with xs parts?

The same script with HTML::Template works well but is very slow.
Thats why i wanna try this module.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Robert

PS:
+ PDK 7.0
+ Perl 5.8.6 Build 806
+ HTML::Template::pro 0.61 (i know that there is a update, but i have
not found a ppd for it)

Ben Morrow

Quoth Robert Henniger said:
Today I tried to compile my script to an .NET DLL.

This script uses HTML::Template::pro. The compile process works well.
When I try to use this dll then I get the following message:

Unhandled Exception: PerlRuntime.PerlException: Can't locate auto/HTML/
Template/Pro/query.al in @INC (@INC contains: .... .)

This means something is trying to call the function
HTML::Template::pro::query, and HTP is attempting to load it with
AutoLoader. This is strange for two reasons: HTP doesn't define a query
function, and AFAICS doesn't use AutoLoader. It's possible that v0.61
used AutoLoader: the oldest version on CPAN is 0.65.

Did you get your program running correctly *before* you tried to build a
dll? If not, do that. My guess would be you're calling the
HTML::Template->query method, which is not supported by HTP.
Maybe someone can help me and explain what a .al file do and why it is
needed.

It is used by AutoLoader to load perl subs on demand. These files are
build and installed when you install a module, if the module uses
AutoLoading.
Is there something i have to change when i use modules with xs parts?

I wouldn't have thought so; but in general you need to make sure all the
files your program needs are included in the DLL. I'm sure the tool
you're using will list the files it includes, and let you edit that list
somehow.

Ben

Robert Henniger

Quoth Robert Henniger <[email protected]>:

[...]

Hi Ben.
Thank you very very much for your feedback.
Maybe I should learn to read the documentation a bit more precisly.
I checked my code, and of course i am using the query methode. And yes
this methode is not implemented yet.
Do you know if it is possible to implement this methode in the perl
part or do i have to do that in the xs code?

I am very sorry that i wasted your time with my stupid questions.

Robert

Ben Morrow

Quoth Robert Henniger said:
[HTML::Template::pro]

I checked my code, and of course i am using the query methode. And yes
this methode is not implemented yet.
Do you know if it is possible to implement this methode in the perl
part or do i have to do that in the xs code?

I'v really no idea. I would suspect that it's Hard to implement in HTP
without losing the speed, as otherwise it would be there already.
I am very sorry that i wasted your time with my stupid questions.

That's OK: I don't have to answer them :).

Ben