    with XSD, too?

    Thanks and greetings
    Udo

    Udo, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Udo wrote:

    > XSLT-defined elements can have additional attributes - is this possible
    > with XSD, too?

    Yes, I think so, there are certain elements (e.g. appinfo) in a schema
    that can have any user defined content and attributes in other
    namespaces are allowed too.
    I can't currently find the text saying that in the XML schema
    specification but the schema for schemas
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#normative-schemaSchema> has this type
    definition:

    <xs:complexType name="openAttrs">
    <xs:annotation>
    <xs:documentation>
    This type is extended by almost all schema types
    to allow attributes from other namespaces to be
    added to user schemas.
    </xs:documentation>
    </xs:annotation>
    <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType">
    <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
    </xs:restriction>
    </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>

    --