Xsd from Wsdl

rich

Hi,
I'm calling a web service - so have a soap enveloped document - I'd
like to create a XSD for the XML actual sent (including the soap
envelope) - but I think I can't do this - is that right?

this is because Soap is specified at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
I can't change that definition - so that the definition effectively
stops at the ANY elements / attributes and hence I can't more tightly
specify an XSD ?

Any suggestions ?

So wsdl appears to allow specification of a web document but not
validation - at least not including the envelope ?

thanks
richg

usenet

Hi,
I'm calling a web service - so have a soap enveloped document - I'd
like to create a XSD for the XML actual sent (including the soap
envelope) - but I think I can't do this - is that right?

this is because Soap is specified athttp://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
I can't change that definition - so that the definition effectively
stops at the ANY elements / attributes and hence I can't more tightly
specify an XSD ?

Any suggestions ?

So wsdl appears to allow specification of a web document but not
validation - at least not including the envelope ?

thanks
richg

We (as in those at my company) would usually do that as a two step
process - validate the SOAP envelope with the XML content, then
extract the body contents and then validate that against its own
schema as a separate process. It may seem a bit long winded, but it
does allow some layering.

I'm not sure how this compares to others.

HTH,

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/