    validation - at least not including the envelope ?

    thanks
    richg

    rich, May 29, 2007

  2. rich

    Guest

    On 29 May, 11:04, rich <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm calling a web service - so have a soap enveloped document - I'd
    > like to create a XSD for the XML actual sent (including the soap
    > envelope) - but I think I can't do this - is that right?
    >
    > this is because Soap is specified athttp://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
    > I can't change that definition - so that the definition effectively
    > stops at the ANY elements / attributes and hence I can't more tightly
    > specify an XSD ?
    >
    > Any suggestions ?
    >
    > So wsdl appears to allow specification of a web document but not
    > validation - at least not including the envelope ?
    >
    > thanks
    > richg

    We (as in those at my company) would usually do that as a two step
    process - validate the SOAP envelope with the XML content, then
    extract the body contents and then validate that against its own
    schema as a separate process. It may seem a bit long winded, but it
    does allow some layering.

    I'm not sure how this compares to others.

    HTH,

    Pete.
    Pete Cordell
    Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
    for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
    http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/

    , May 29, 2007