    I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
    string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
    types.

    PeteOlcott, Dec 3, 2008

  2. PeteOlcott wrote:
    > I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
    > string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
    > types.

    Why can't you enumerate the values? That seems to be what you are
    looking for ("restricting a type to a specific set of
    string values"). Otherwise I only see regular expression patterns as a
    way, but that is more complicated than enumerating the values.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Dec 4, 2008

  3. PeteOlcott

    PeteOlcott Guest

    On Dec 4, 5:48 am, Martin Honnen <> wrote:
    > PeteOlcott wrote:
    > > I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
    > > string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
    > > types.

    > Why can't you enumerate the values? That seems to be what you are
    > looking for ("restricting a type to a specific set of
    > string values"). Otherwise I only see regular expression patterns as a
    > way, but that is more complicated than enumerating the values.
    >
    > --
    >
    >         Martin Honnen
    >        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    I am trying to make a SOAP interface such that the client can
    dynamically reconfigure its graphical user interface with no
    programming changes and no recompile required whenever the web
    service is updated with new capabilities. This might not be possible
    with pure SOAP, and may require the SOAP message to have an embedded
    XML payload.

    PeteOlcott, Dec 5, 2008