    <xsd:schema targetNamespace="mydomainstring">

    Is this true?

    Marcus

    Markus Meckler, Jun 27, 2004

  2. (Markus Meckler) writes:

    > Somewhere (I don't remember where) that Is it possible to enter a simple string as namespace
    > in a xsd schema definiton. E.g.:
    >
    > <xsd:schema targetNamespace="mydomainstring">
    >
    > Is this true?

    Yes. Although XML Namespaces deprecates the use of relative URIs
    (which is what that is, technically), W3C XML Schema does not enforce
    this. In practice virtually any string can be used as a namespace
    name. Strictly speaking, it must be a syntactically valid URI or URI
    reference, but that imposes only very modest constraint.

    ht
    Half-time member of W3C Team
    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail:

    Henry S. Thompson, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Markus Meckler

    Cat Guest

    Cat, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Yes, the targetNamespace attribute is typed as xs:anyURI in the
    SchemaForSchema, and hence it can contain any string that is allowed by the
    lexical representation for xs:anyURI. xs:anyURI allows absolute as well as
    relative uris.

    Thanks,
    Priya

    Priya Lakshminarayanan [MSFT], Jun 29, 2004