xsd:uriReference

richard

Hi All,

I seem to be unable to validate a schema using this datatype:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema
<xsd:element name="MyURI" type="xsd:uriReference"/>
</xsd:schema>

XMLSpy tells me:
"xsd:uriReference" must refer to an existing simple or complex type.

Is there something wrong with this? The textbook I'm using has
examples using this type.

Thanks for any help.
Richard

Martin Honnen

I seem to be unable to validate a schema using this datatype:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema
<xsd:element name="MyURI" type="xsd:uriReference"/>
</xsd:schema>

XMLSpy tells me:
"xsd:uriReference" must refer to an existing simple or complex type.

Is there something wrong with this? The textbook I'm using has
examples using this type.

I think there is xsd:anyURI but not xsd:uriReference.
See the specification
<URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes>

richard

Thanks for the link Martin.

The book I'm using,'XML for the World Wide Web' by Elizabeth Castro
(2001) mentions several other datatypes which don't appear in that
chart. For example:
xsd:year
xsd:timeInstant
xsd:month

Maybe the final spec for XML Schema didn't include them. The book says
it's based on the 'last call' working draft.

Thanks for your help.
Richard

Jerry

Thanks for the link Martin.

The book I'm using,'XML for the World Wide Web' by Elizabeth Castro
(2001) mentions several other datatypes which don't appear in that
chart. For example:
xsd:year
xsd:timeInstant
xsd:month

Maybe the final spec for XML Schema didn't include them. The book says
it's based on the 'last call' working draft.

Thanks for your help.
Richard

Semantics are unchanged check this page here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xmlschema-2-20010316/
67. 2001-01-22: am: Changed name timeDuration to duration and
timeInstant to dateTime.
89. 2001-03-14: pvb: changed names of day, month, year, monthDay and
yearMonth to gDay, gMonth, gYear, gMonthDay and gYearMonth; also added
health warnings that conversion to other calendar systems may not
result in simple values

Jerry Sheehan
http://www.altova.com