xsd2ruby error.... base type definition not found

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Tim Perrett, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. Tim Perrett

    Tim Perrett Guest

    Hey guys

    Has anyone had any experience working with xsd2ruby? I am getting the
    following error and there seems to be little or no documentation on what
    the devil it means!

    I, [2007-07-17T16:07:27.445714 #1264] INFO -- app: Creates file
    'v_3.rb'.
    F, [2007-07-17T16:07:27.453521 #1264] FATAL -- app: Detected an
    exception. Stopping ... base type definition not found:
    {http://www.cip4.org/Schema/JDFSchema_1_3}BaseElement_ (RuntimeError)

    Cheers for any help in advance

    Tim

    Tim Perrett, Jul 17, 2007

  2. On Tuesday 17 July 2007 15:45, Tim Perrett wrote:
    > Hey guys
    >
    > Has anyone had any experience working with xsd2ruby? I am getting the
    > following error and there seems to be little or no documentation on what
    > the devil it means!
    >
    > I, [2007-07-17T16:07:27.445714 #1264] INFO -- app: Creates file
    > 'v_3.rb'.
    > F, [2007-07-17T16:07:27.453521 #1264] FATAL -- app: Detected an
    > exception. Stopping ... base type definition not found:
    > {http://www.cip4.org/Schema/JDFSchema_1_3}BaseElement_ (RuntimeError)
    >
    > Cheers for any help in advance
    >
    > Tim

    xsd2ruby is still beta (if not alfa) and have lots of errors, I tried working
    with it and it failed me few times,
    I'm working on diffirent solution to generate classes from xsd but i'm not
    sure when it'll be availble :)

    --
    Marcin Raczkowski
    ---

    Marcin Raczkowski, Jul 18, 2007

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Jul 18, 2007
  4. On Wednesday 18 July 2007 09:01, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Tim, the message says that the referred 'BaseElement_' definition is not
    > found in schema files. I've found the schema at
    > http://www.cip4.org/Schema/JDFSchema_1_3/JDF.xsd and tried to generate
    > the class file with xsd2ruby.rb but timeout occurred while getting
    > schema files. Network problem? I'll try again later.
    >
    > And please try the newest xsd2ruby.rb in soap4r-1.5.7. Let me know if
    > it won't work.
    > http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r/wiki#a2007-07-16:1.5.7
    > http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r/wiki#BugreportorFeaturerequest
    >
    > Marcin Raczkowski wrote:
    > > xsd2ruby is still beta (if not alfa) and have lots of errors, I tried
    > > working with it and it failed me few times,
    > > I'm working on diffirent solution to generate classes from xsd but i'm
    > > not sure when it'll be availble :)

    > Please please let me know when you find a bug of soap4r!
    > http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r/wiki#BugreportorFeaturerequest
    > Beside this, I'm very looking forward to your xsd implementation.
    >
    > // NaHi

    i sent you 2 bug reports - one in wsdl2ruby and one in soap4r i never recived
    any feedback - i also started thread here, and posted my bug fixes to one of
    the problems, i'm still working on another one, but mayby it was already
    fixed in latest release.

    here's problem and solution :
    file in question was "/soap/mapping/wsdlliteralregistry.rb" there might be
    similar problem in /soap/mapping/wsdlencodedregistry.rb

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/258411

    anyway my xml to ruby objects mapping library is out for testing - it's based
    on libxml so it's fast, now i'm

    right now it can generate classes from xml files
    I'm working on generating classes from xsd with validators

    --
    Marcin Raczkowski
    ---

    Marcin Raczkowski, Jul 18, 2007

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Jul 18, 2007
  6. Tim Perrett

    Tim Perrett Guest

    Hey all

    Thanks for all your replys :)

    I have tried it with soap4r 1.5.7 but still no joy im afraid. The schema
    I am needing to use is at
    http://www.cip4.org/Schema/JDFSchema_1_3_20070212.zip - its an open
    standard used in the printing industry. However, when I take that schema
    and validate it, it all appears to be fine (as you would expect being an
    industry standard)

    When I then look to validate the following xml (at bottom of post)
    against the JDF schema it fails in rather spectacular fashion (using
    libxml) - the error using XML Nanny is "JDF.xsd has a different target
    namespace from the one specified in the instance document ." However I
    have checked them and they appear to be the same!!

    Also, Marcin, when will your XSD class gens be available? I would be
    really interested in seeing those :)

    Any help would be great

    Cheers

    Tim

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <JDF
    Activation="Active"
    DescriptiveName="Digital Printing example"
    ID="C20031030J54321"
    JobID="n070719_12414459_000431"
    JobPartID="n070719_12414459_000430"
    MaxVersion="1.3"
    Status="Ready"
    Type="Combined"
    Types="LayoutPreparation Interpreting Rendering DigitalPrinting"
    Version="1.3"
    xmlns="http://www.CIP4.org/JDFSchema_1_1"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.CIP4.org/JDFSchema_1_1 JDF.xsd">
    <ResourceLinkPool>
    <RunListLink CombinedProcessIndex="0 1 2 3" ProcessUsage="Document"
    Usage="Input" rRef="rl001">
    <Part RunIndex="0 ~ -1"/>
    </RunListLink>
    <LayoutPreparationParamsLink CombinedProcessIndex="0" Usage="Input"
    rRef="lpp01"/>
    <InterpretingParamsLink CombinedProcessIndex="1" Usage="Input"
    rRef="ip001"/>
    <RenderingParamsLink CombinedProcessIndex="2" Usage="Input"
    rRef="ren001"/>
    <ComponentLink Amount="1" CombinedProcessIndex="4" Usage="Output"
    rRef="c0001"/>
    <MediaLink CombinedProcessIndex="0 3" Usage="Input" rRef="m0001"/>
    <MediaLink CombinedProcessIndex="0 3" Usage="Input" rRef="m0002"/>
    <DigitalPrintingParamsLink CombinedProcessIndex="3" Usage="Input"
    rRef="dpp01"/>
    <CustomerInfoLink CombinedProcessIndex="0 1 2 3" Usage="Input"
    rRef="r070719_12414458_000428"/>
    <NodeInfoLink CombinedProcessIndex="0 1 2 3" Usage="Input"
    rRef="r070719_12414459_000429"/>
    </ResourceLinkPool>
    <ResourcePool>
    <Component AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3 BLD
    40" Class="Quantity" ComponentType="FinalProduct"
    DescriptiveName="Digital Printing Output" ID="c0001"
    Status="Unavailable"/>
    <RunList AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40"
    Class="Parameter" ID="rl001" PartIDKeys="Run" Status="Available">
    <LayoutElement>
    <FileSpec MimeType="application/pdf"
    URL="file:///c:/Golfer_A4.pdf"/>
    </LayoutElement>
    <RunList Pages="6" Run="1">
    <InsertSheet IsWaste="false" SheetType="InsertSheet"
    SheetUsage="Trailer">
    <RunList PageCopies="1"/>
    <Sheet>
    <MediaRef rRef="m0001"/>
    </Sheet>
    </InsertSheet>
    </RunList>
    </RunList>
    <Media AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40"
    BackCoatings="None" Class="Consumable" Dimension="1190 842"
    FrontCoatings="None" ID="m0001" MediaType="Paper" Status="Available"
    Weight="100">
    <Location LocationName="AutoSelect"/>
    </Media>
    <Media AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40"
    BackCoatings="None" Class="Consumable" Dimension="842 595"
    FrontCoatings="None" ID="m0002" MediaType="Paper" Status="Available"
    Weight="100">
    <Location LocationName="AutoSelect"/>
    </Media>
    <RenderingParams AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3
    BLD 40" Class="Parameter" ID="ren001" Status="Available">
    <!-- <AutomatedOverprintParams OverPrintBlackText="true"/> -->
    </RenderingParams>
    <InterpretingParams AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java"
    AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40" Class="Parameter" ID="ip001"
    Status="Available">
    <ObjectResolution AntiAliasing="AntiAlias" Resolution="200 200"/>
    </InterpretingParams>
    <DigitalPrintingParams AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java"
    AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40" Class="Parameter" Collate="None" ID="dpp01"
    OutputBin="Top" PageDelivery="ReverseOrderFaceUp" PartIDKeys="RunIndex"
    Status="Available">
    <MediaRef rRef="m0002"/>
    <DigitalPrintingParams RunIndex="3 ~ 5">
    <MediaRef rRef="m0001"/>
    </DigitalPrintingParams>
    <DigitalPrintingParams Collate="None" OutputBin="Top"
    PageDelivery="ReverseOrderFaceUp" RunIndex="6">
    <MediaRef rRef="m0002"/>
    </DigitalPrintingParams>
    </DigitalPrintingParams>
    <LayoutPreparationParams AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java"
    AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40" Class="Parameter" ID="lpp01"
    PartIDKeys="RunIndex" Rotate="Rotate0" Sides="OneSidedFront"
    Status="Available">
    <FitPolicy SizePolicy="FitToPage"/><!-- RotatePolicy="Rotate0" -->
    <ImageShift ShiftBack="0 0" ShiftFront="0 0"/>
    <!-- Sides and Media for front cover -->
    <LayoutPreparationParams Rotate="Rotate0" RunIndex="0 ~ 1"
    Sides="OneSidedFront">
    <MediaRef rRef="m0001"/>
    </LayoutPreparationParams>
    <!-- Sides and Media for document body -->
    <LayoutPreparationParams RunIndex="3 ~ 5" Sides="OneSidedFront">
    <MediaRef rRef="m0001"/>
    </LayoutPreparationParams>
    <!-- Sides and Media for back cover -->
    <LayoutPreparationParams RunIndex="7 ~ 8" Sides="OneSidedFront">
    <MediaRef rRef="m0001"/>
    </LayoutPreparationParams>
    </LayoutPreparationParams>
    <CustomerInfo AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3 BLD
    40" BillingCode="BC-78901" Class="Parameter" CustomerID="Creo-1234"
    CustomerJobName="A Test Job" DescriptiveName="A test job"
    ID="r070719_12414458_000428" PartUsage="Implicit" Status="Available">
    <Contact ContactTypes="Technical">
    <Address City="Hertzliya" Country="Israel" CountryCode="IL"
    PostalCode="69345" Street="1340 Maskit street"/>
    <Company OrganizationName="Creo Inc."/>
    <Person FamilyName="Draft" FirstName="Thomas" NamePrefix="Mr."/>
    <ComChannel ChannelType="Email" Locator=""/>
    <ComChannel ChannelType="Phone" Locator="+972-9-678-8900"/>
    </Contact>
    </CustomerInfo>
    <NodeInfo AgentName="CIP4 JDF Writer Java" AgentVersion="1.3 BLD 40"
    Class="Parameter" ID="r070719_12414459_000429" PartUsage="Implicit"
    Status="Available" TargetRoute="file:///d:/OutJDFFiles/"/>
    </ResourcePool>
    <AuditPool>
    <Modified Author="FixJDF Web Service Build: CIP4 JDF Writer Java 1.3
    BLD 40" DescriptiveName="update to version 1.3"
    ID="a070719_12414464_000432" TimeStamp="2007-07-19T12:41:44+02:00"/>
    </AuditPool>
    </JDF>

    Tim Perrett, Jul 19, 2007
  7. On Thursday 19 July 2007 11:24, Tim Perrett wrote:
    > Hey all
    >
    > Thanks for all your replys :)
    >
    > I have tried it with soap4r 1.5.7 but still no joy im afraid. The schema
    > I am needing to use is at
    > http://www.cip4.org/Schema/JDFSchema_1_3_20070212.zip - its an open
    > standard used in the printing industry. However, when I take that schema
    > and validate it, it all appears to be fine (as you would expect being an
    > industry standard)
    >
    > When I then look to validate the following xml (at bottom of post)
    > against the JDF schema it fails in rather spectacular fashion (using
    > libxml) - the error using XML Nanny is "JDF.xsd has a different target
    > namespace from the one specified in the instance document ." However I
    > have checked them and they appear to be the same!!
    >
    > Also, Marcin, when will your XSD class gens be available? I would be
    > really interested in seeing those :)
    >
    > Any help would be great
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tim

    unfortunatelly implementing whole schema is boring and boring and long and
    long and di si say fucking boring job?

    I'm working on it, but probably not sooner then 2 weeks from now becouse i'm
    going rafting for 10 days :)

    i can commit everything i done tho, and mayby you can take a look and suggest
    someting (i'll try to test it against your schema too)

    cheers

    --
    Marcin Raczkowski
    ---

    Marcin Raczkowski, Jul 19, 2007
  8. Tim Perrett

    Tim Perrett Guest

    > unfortunatelly implementing whole schema is boring and boring and long
    > and long and di si say f***ing boring job?

    LOL - i would imagine it is :)

    > I'm working on it, but probably not sooner then 2 weeks from now becouse
    > i'm going rafting for 10 days :)

    Very nice - have a good time!

    > i can commit everything i done tho, and mayby you can take a look and
    > suggest someting (i'll try to test it against your schema too)

    That would be brilliant if you could - i could take a look at it then
    while your away rafting....
    Whats the SVN url?

    Cheers

    Tim

    Tim Perrett, Jul 19, 2007

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Jul 19, 2007
  10. Tim Perrett

    Tim Perrett Guest

    Hey!

    I did want to map my xml to ruby objects, as I will need to construct
    new messages and things, so wanted some programatic way of doing this
    without having to manually code all the classes.

    This might be a stupid question, but am i barking up the wrong tree here
    if I wanted to programatically construct xml messages to then post out -
    I have worked with your soap4 r lib before and thats effectively whats
    happening isnt it when you call your specific soap service classes?

    My XSD schema wont give me all the class information as wsdl tho will
    it? Appologies for the stupid question but I have done very very little
    with XSD in the past :)

    Cheers

    Tim

    Tim Perrett, Jul 23, 2007