XsdObjectGen classes in Web Service Client Proxy

dave v

XsdObjectGen classes in Web Service Client Proxy

Does anyone know how I can get a web service client proxy to use classes
created by XsdObjectGen.exe instead of WSDL.exe (or "Add Web Reference")?

It would be really nice to generate a class from a shema using XsdObjectGen
and use this as a parameter and/or return value of the web service. However,
when you build that, the client must work with the WSDL.exe generated proxy
class and not the more user-friendly XsdObjectGen class. I'm looking for a
performant and maintainable solution. A couple of things I've thought of:

1. Manually create/modify the proxy classes. I'm not sure if this is as
simple as substituting my XsedObjectGen class for the WSDL class in the
SOAPHttpClientProtocol subclass, but even so, it would decrease
maintainability (No more "Update Web Reference")

2. Create a helper function to serialize from the WSDL generated class and
deserialize into the XsdObjectGen class. I'm concerned about performance here.

Has anyone has experience with these methods or know a better way to let the
client work with XsdObjectGen classes?

Thanks,
Dave

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your posting. Regarding no this post , I've also found your
another thread in the same group. I've posted my reply there. I'd
appreciate if you have a look there. In addition, if you feel convenient
that we continue to discuss in that thread, please feel free to post there.

Thanks & Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security