xsi:type infopath

Discussion in 'XML' started by delirio, Sep 3, 2007.

  1. delirio

    delirio Guest

    Hi,

    I have an XML Schema containing inherited complex types, and
    xs:elements using @type of the top complex type, meaning, any child
    complex type can be an instance of that element by declaring the
    complex type name using xsi:type .

    If I write the xml by hand, and validate against the xml schema, works
    really well.

    Using infopath I can import the schema and the data structure is
    displayed in the form designer, although there is no apparent way to
    allow users to select the xsi:type the instance of that element will
    be using.

    Has anybody used xsi:type with infopath before, or know any way to
    define element instance selectors in infopath ?

    Thanks
    Miguel

    delirio, Sep 3, 2007