    achieve this?

    Thanks!
    , Dec 31, 2006

  2. <> wrote:

    > Is this even possible, or is there some other way in xsl to
    > achieve this?

    i didn't understood clearly what u've asked for, however here :

    <www.yvon-thoraval.com/Canvas/menu.html>

    i do have an example inserting nodes into a document body.
    --
    Père Noël
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E8re_No=EBl?=, Jan 1, 2007

    Thank you. This is basically what I meant:

    Any javascript i have in my XSL file can only access the DOM in the
    XSL, but not in the XML file that the XSL is transforming. Here's a
    graphical representation:

    file1.XML --> file2.XSL --> file3.JS

    How can I get the JS to work with both file2 AND file1? It currently
    only works with file2.

    Thank you again for your reply.
    , Jan 1, 2007

    Anyone have an answer?

    On Jan 1, 11:41 am, wrote:
    > Thank you. This is basically what I meant:
    >
    > Any javascript i have in my XSL file can only access the DOM in the
    > XSL, but not in the XML file that the XSL is transforming. Here's a
    > graphical representation:
    >
    > file1.XML --> file2.XSL --> file3.JS
    >
    > How can I get the JS to work with both file2 AND file1? It currently
    > only works with file2.
    >
    > Thank you again for your reply.
    , Jan 4, 2007
  5. <> wrote:

    > Anyone have an answer?

    could you give a skeleton example ?

    because u're speaking about ajax, i suppose u're using a browser.

    the browser is supposed to display (part of) the xml file ?

    i don't understand why your js file is attached to the xsl file rather
    than the xml one or the main filedisplayed by the browser.

    quiet frankly i didn't catch even what you're trying to do.

    is your js file an extension to xsl ?

    your reprentation of the process :

    xml --> xsl --> js

    does-it mean u want to produce js at output ?

    normalement js is used to "govern" the process with xsl like :

    js -> xsl

    xml_in --o--> xml_out

    but u might have js inside xsl as an extension of xsl, in which case the
    js would operate upon xml_in.

    --
    Artaban de Médée
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Artaban_de_M=E9?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E, Jan 4, 2007