    parameter placeholders? Sometimes it's easier to start with example code
    before undertaking major undertakings...

    Kermit Tensmeyer
    Kermit Tensmeyer, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Hi,

    You might take a look at ODBC2XML as an alternative. It allows SQL
    statements to be placed in an XML template as processing instructions (PIs),
    then simply expands the template with the query data. It handles nested and
    joined selects, and the Java version has a capability for parameter
    placeholders.

    More information at http://www.intsysr.com/odbc2xml.htm

    Gregory Vaughan, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Kermit Tensmeyer <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > [posted from bogus email address]
    >
    > I've been trying to figure how to use the sql extensions (EXSLT) with
    > regards to the various processors (saxon, xalan, xmlstarlet/xsltproc).
    >
    > I've seen one example of inserting into a DBS, and one example of "select
    > * from Table" Are there other examples "out there?"
    >
    > Is there a way to execute nested selects? Joined selects? selects with
    > parameter placeholders? Sometimes it's easier to start with example code
    > before undertaking major undertakings...
    >

    > Kermit Tensmeyer

    Take a look at Oracle XSQL. This is might be what you are looking for...
    Mikhail Grouchinsky, Nov 13, 2003