xsl and sql

Kermit Tensmeyer

[posted from bogus email address]

I've been trying to figure how to use the sql extensions (EXSLT) with
regards to the various processors (saxon, xalan, xmlstarlet/xsltproc).

I've seen one example of inserting into a DBS, and one example of "select
* from Table" Are there other examples "out there?"

Is there a way to execute nested selects? Joined selects? selects with
parameter placeholders? Sometimes it's easier to start with example code
before undertaking major undertakings...

Kermit Tensmeyer

Gregory Vaughan

Hi,

You might take a look at ODBC2XML as an alternative. It allows SQL
statements to be placed in an XML template as processing instructions (PIs),
then simply expands the template with the query data. It handles nested and
joined selects, and the Java version has a capability for parameter
placeholders.

More information at http://www.intsysr.com/odbc2xml.htm

Mikhail Grouchinsky

Kermit Tensmeyer said:
[posted from bogus email address]

I've been trying to figure how to use the sql extensions (EXSLT) with
regards to the various processors (saxon, xalan, xmlstarlet/xsltproc).

I've seen one example of inserting into a DBS, and one example of "select
* from Table" Are there other examples "out there?"

Is there a way to execute nested selects? Joined selects? selects with
parameter placeholders? Sometimes it's easier to start with example code
before undertaking major undertakings...

Kermit Tensmeyer

Take a look at Oracle XSQL. This is might be what you are looking for...