[XSL] - Avoiding the processing of a piece of XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Rocchi Cesare, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Hiyall,

    I'm trying to do some transformation that doesn't succeed as I
    expected.
    I have some piece of xml which I don't want to be *absolutely*
    changed, because
    it has been carefully written. e.g. in the following code

    <and>
    <tag att1='val1'/>
    </and>

    I don't want "tag" to be processed because the processor (I use
    XALAN-J) changes
    it by substituting the single quote with the double one, and I want to
    avoid this transformation. I tried to put tag in CDATA but it
    transforms the "<"
    in the corresponding entity &lt; and I want to avoid also this too.

    How can I specify in the XSL file that a given tag has to be left
    unchanged?

    I tried also <xsl:copy-of> but the copy change the single quote.

    As alternative, isn't possible to set the "quote for attributes" a
    single quote in the transformer or serializer or, in general, the
    writer?

    Thanks in advance

    -c.

    Rocchi Cesare, Jul 14, 2003