    Thanks,
    --
    Papastefanos Serafeim
    Papastefanos Serafeim, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Papastefanos Serafeim wrote:

    > I want to use the <xsl:document> XSLT command with xalan,
    > but I get the following error message
    >
    > --------
    > XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
    > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
    > xsl:document is not allowed in this position in the stylesheet!
    > --------

    XSLT 1.0 does not have xsl:document, see the commands listed at
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#element-syntax-summary>

    > The same transformation works fine with saxon ! What should I do ?

    so if Saxon supports that then probably as an extension or as part of
    XSLT 1.1 (which never became a recommendation).
    Some of the Xalan extensions are listed here:
    <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html>
    but I don't see anything like xsl:document there.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jul 21, 2005