    of the xml and display it using xsl, but the condition on which to
    filter the xml document is dynamic in nature, Is there a way to
    generate dynamic xpath expressions and use them in xsl file ?

    sai krishna, Jun 5, 2006

  2. sai krishna wrote:

    > I am having a static xml document and would like to extract a portion
    > of the xml and display it using xsl, but the condition on which to
    > filter the xml document is dynamic in nature, Is there a way to
    > generate dynamic xpath expressions and use them in xsl file ?

    You can define global parameters in the stylesheet which can be set
    before a transformation is run e.g.
    <xsl:param name="parameterName" />
    and then use e.g.
    $paramName
    when you want to access the parameter value.
    How you set the parameter before a transformation depends on the API the
    XSLT processor exposes.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/