XSL-FO and columns of text, is it possible?

Richard

Hello everyone! Is it possible to create 2 columns of text
using XSL-FO and FOP (or any other XSL-FO to PDF generator)?
I want the function similar to 'fo:block' but in 2 columns,
so if the text is long it continous on the 2nd column or on
the next page.

Let me show the function with an example:

Page 1
-----------------------
| |
| aaaaaabb jjjjkkkk |
| bbbccccd kkklllll |
| ddddddee llllmmmm |
| eeeeffff mmmmmmnn |
| ggggghhh nnnnnnnn |
| iiiiiijj nnoooppp |
| |
-----------------------

Page 2
-----------------------
| |
| ppppqqqq |
| qqqqrrrr |
| rrsssstt |
| ttt... |
| |
| |
| |

Chris Huebsch

Richard (16 May 2004 03:31:10 -0700):
Hello everyone! Is it possible to create 2 columns of text
using XSL-FO and FOP (or any other XSL-FO to PDF generator)?

fo:region-body has an attribute called colum-count. Set it to 2 and you
get 2 columns of text.

Chris

Richard

THANKS A LOT Chris!
<fo:region-body column-count="2"/> works great.

I have been looking all over the net for information
on that without success. Maybe I nead a book.

thanks again!
/Richard

Chris Huebsch

Richard (16 May 2004 07:56:48 -0700):
THANKS A LOT Chris!
<fo:region-body column-count="2"/> works great.

I have been looking all over the net for information
on that without success. Maybe I nead a book.

the FOP-Documentation includes a complete element and attribute-list
(including a list, what is implemented and what is not)

It links to the (rather technical) xsl:fo-Spec at the w3c.

Furthermore there is an excelent documentation at zvon.org

And Renderx has a good tutorial, although it contains some
renderx-speciffic stuff
http://www.renderx.com/Tests/doc/html/tutorial.html

Chris