xsl-fo and multiple source files?

Rita Mathoa

I have a giant xsl-fo document that I am running though Apache FOP to
generate a pdf. I would like to break this xsl-fo file into smaller, more
manageable pieces, but have those pieces get pulled into a single pdf. For
example, I would like each chapter of my pdf to be a separate fo file. I
am thinking of an xsl-fo version of a server-side include.

I cannot figure out how, or if it is even possible. Buying a commericial
product is not an option. I am hoping to stay with FOP, but can switch to
another product if it is free and open. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Cat

Rita Mathoa

Would the xslt document() function solve your problem?

It does. But does xsl-fo itself support any type of linking, or is it a
strict 1-input to 1-output thing? Thanks!