xsl-fo external graphic with source in HTTPS

Discussion in 'XML' started by zxcv, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. zxcv

    zxcv Guest

    I have inherited an app that is using java to generate images that it
    loads into a PDF via external-graphic in XSL-FO. The problem I have is
    that my architecture environment is going to require in a few months
    that all calls made from my app be done via HTTPS. Currently the app
    makes these image source calls via HTTP. However, it seems to me that
    FOP is incapable of issuing these HTTPS requests. The code never gets
    called, while as a standalone the images have no problem generating via
    calls to HTTP or HTTPS. Note that I have verified that my certificate
    is in my "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and there is no
    invalid certificate challenge when using the application.

    Is anyone familiar with this behavior? Do you know of any way to
    correct it (manually or with a newer release of FOP)?

    Also, I was considering a way of importing my images into the PDF by
    passing them in a BLOB parameter and then physically inserting them
    into the PDF but I cannot figure out a way to do this. It seems that
    fo:external-graphic is looking for a URI, not a binary stream.

    I would appreciate any and all suggestions, links, etc.
    zxcv, Jan 25, 2006