XSL-FO help

Discussion in 'XML' started by Rob Tweed, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Rob Tweed

    Rob Tweed Guest

    I wonder if any XSL-FO experts out there can help with some questions
    I've had from a customer:

    In XSL-FO (within the fo: namespace), whats the syntax for:

    1) forcing a blank line - is there an equivalent of non-breaking
    space? white-space-collapse=false seems to result in interesting
    things !

    2) emboldening only one word in a line?

    3) underlining one word (or the whole line)

    Many thanks for any help !

    ---
    Rob Tweed
    M/Gateway Developments Ltd

    Global DOMination with eXtc : http://www.mgateway.tzo.com
    ---
    Rob Tweed, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Rob Tweed wrote:
    > In XSL-FO (within the fo: namespace), whats the syntax for:
    >
    > 1) forcing a blank line - is there an equivalent of non-breaking
    > space?

    <fo:block/>

    > 2) emboldening only one word in a line?

    <fo:inline font-weight="bold">bold</fo:inline>

    > 3) underlining one word (or the whole line)

    <fo:inline text-decoration="underline">underline</fo:inline>

    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)
    Johannes Koch, Nov 20, 2003