XSL-FO: How to wrapping text on an image?

joes

Hello there !

I rendering a PDF with XSLT using Xalan and FOP.
I like to place in my article an image, so that the text is floating
around the image. I tried several things but it didn't work so far. I
found some hints that it should work with "fo:float" but it seems not
to work with apache's FOP, so has anybody out there any solution and
experience ?

example:

|-------| text text text text
|-------| text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text

tried xsl-fo example:

<fo:float float="start"><fo:block><fo:external-grafic src="..."/> text
text text text... </fo:block><fo:float>

thanks for any hints.
regards
Mark

Keith Davies

Hello there !

I rendering a PDF with XSLT using Xalan and FOP.

I like to place in my article an image, so that the text is floating
around the image. I tried several things but it didn't work so far. I
found some hints that it should work with "fo:float" but it seems not
to work with apache's FOP, so has anybody out there any solution and
experience ?

example:

|-------| text text text text
| | text text text text
| pic | text text text text
| | text text text text
|-------| text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text
text text text text text text

tried xsl-fo example:

<fo:float float="start"><fo:block><fo:external-grafic src="..."/> text
text text text... </fo:block><fo:float>

FOP doesn't support floats yet. Look at
http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html for more information (<float>
is covered under 'Out-of-line Formatting Objects (section 6.10)'.

Keith