XSL-FO: How to wrapping text on an image?

Discussion in 'XML' started by joes, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. joes

    joes Guest

    Hello there !

    I rendering a PDF with XSLT using Xalan and FOP.
    I like to place in my article an image, so that the text is floating
    around the image. I tried several things but it didn't work so far. I
    found some hints that it should work with "fo:float" but it seems not
    to work with apache's FOP, so has anybody out there any solution and
    experience ?

    example:

    |-------| text text text text
    |-------| text text text text
    text text text text text text
    text text text text text text
    text text text text text text

    tried xsl-fo example:

    <fo:float float="start"><fo:block><fo:external-grafic src="..."/> text
    text text text... </fo:block><fo:float>

    thanks for any hints.
    regards
    Mark

    joes, Dec 21, 2003

  2. joes

    Keith Davies Guest

    On 20 Dec 2003 16:00:24 -0800, joes <> wrote:
    > Hello there !
    >
    > I rendering a PDF with XSLT using Xalan and FOP.
    >
    > I like to place in my article an image, so that the text is floating
    > around the image. I tried several things but it didn't work so far. I
    > found some hints that it should work with "fo:float" but it seems not
    > to work with apache's FOP, so has anybody out there any solution and
    > experience ?
    >
    > example:
    >
    >|-------| text text text text
    >| | text text text text
    >| pic | text text text text
    >| | text text text text
    >|-------| text text text text
    > text text text text text text
    > text text text text text text
    > text text text text text text
    >
    > tried xsl-fo example:
    >
    ><fo:float float="start"><fo:block><fo:external-grafic src="..."/> text
    > text text text... </fo:block><fo:float>

    FOP doesn't support floats yet. Look at
    http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html for more information (<float>
    is covered under 'Out-of-line Formatting Objects (section 6.10)'.

    Keith
    --
    Keith Davies "Your ability to bang your head against
    reality in the hope that reality will

    Keith Davies, Dec 30, 2003