XSL-FO special character to PDF

Bal

Hi,
I am trying to generate a pdf using a XML file and rendering the page
through XSL Stylesheet to a PDF. But the page has some special
characters, as its for a chequ website.

My Code below is

<--xsl:page-->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
version="1.0">
<xsl:template match="/">
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">.....

<--/xsl:page-->

My problem is that when the page renders in the PDF the special
character Ň
renders as just #.
I have trawled through most of the newsgroups and no luck, only to
know (or think) that the problem is with the unicoding.
Please could you help me
Thanks

Brandon

John Root

My problem is that when the page renders in the PDF the special
character Ň
renders as just #.

Brandon,

The font-family you are calling does not contain a glyph for this character.
Hence the output '#'. By default, FOP only uses the base 14 fonts.

To use a font that includes this glyph, you need to build a font metrics
file (in xml) for the font using either PFMReader or TTFReader (part of the
Apache FOP distribution), then register the font with FOP by modifying or
setting up an FOP configuration file.

John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Root
Publishing Systems
(e-mail address removed)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bal

John Root said:
Brandon,

The font-family you are calling does not contain a glyph for this character.
Hence the output '#'. By default, FOP only uses the base 14 fonts.

To use a font that includes this glyph, you need to build a font metrics
file (in xml) for the font using either PFMReader or TTFReader (part of the
Apache FOP distribution), then register the font with FOP by modifying or
setting up an FOP configuration file.

John

John Root
Publishing Systems
(e-mail address removed)

Thanks John,
I have tried changing the config file, and it seems to have worked:)))!!!