    to be convinced otherwise.

    Opinions...?

    Garic
    Driver, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Driver

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Driver wrote:

    > Well, the topic of PDF came up, and the polarized opinions were:
    >
    > 1) Adobe FrameMaker (structured) to PDF
    >
    > 2) Adobe FrameMaker (structured) to XML, then XSL:FO to PDF

    You're missing one:

    3) Adobe FrameMaker (structured) to XML, then XSLT to LaTeX to PDF.

    > Hmmm. I thought Frame to PDF was a lock, with respect to effective PDF
    > generation, allowing latitude for various options, but I think I'm willing
    > to be convinced otherwise.

    Going via LaTeX is an extra step, but it allows you to take advantage of
    TeX's 25 years of expertise in programmable typesetting, thereby avoiding
    the reinvention of the wheel which has to take place on other routes.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Jan 3, 2005